So here’s what we’ve got so far:
- Attorney General: Ala. Sen. Jeff Sessions (pending Senate Confirmation) PSC.
- Ambassador to the U.N.: PSC –Gov. Nikki Haley
- Deputy National Security Advisor: Kathleen Troia “KT” McFarland
- Director of the CIA: Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo, PSC
- National Security Advisor” Retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn
- Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos, school choice activist PSC
- White House Counsel: Donald F. McGann
- Health and Human Services: Congressman Tom Price of GA.,
- Sec. of Transportation: Elaine Chao
Cabinet-level positions remaining to be filled.
- Administrator of the EPA
- Administrator of the Small Business Administration
- Chair of Council of Economic Advisers
- Director of OMB
- Secretary of Agriculture
- Secretary of Commerce–expect to nominate Wilbur Ross, a billionaire investor and Weehawken native. Ross would help promote American business and oversees’ trade. Todd Ricketts, owner of Chicago Cubs expected to be deputy secretary.
- Defense, Energy, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Treasury, Veterans Affairs, Trade.
- And we haven’t even discussed the other 4,000 political appointments Trump will make.
Remember the horror when it was learned that Cruz’s wife worked for Goldman Sachs, and all you Trump folks screamed no, it can’t be! Well, looks like Steven Mnuchin, is set to take over treasury. Mnuchin graduated from Yale, founded Dune Capital Management, a hedge fund, invested in Hollywood and bought a house in Bel-Air. The liberal capital of the world. He’s engaged to actress Louise Linton, who would be his third wife. Have to keep up with the Trumps you know. But the big news is that this is the man a Trump campaign ad portrayed as the personification of a global elite that had “robbed our working class.”
And now’s he’s headed to the Treasury. Yeah, Trump really knows how to fool the public.
But wait! Steven has strong ties to both George Soros and Dem. candidates.
From 2003 to 2004 Mnuchin worked as chief executive of SFM Capital Management, which the Wall Street Journal reports is backed by Soros. He also worked for Soros Fund Management LLC. according to Bloomberg. He was part of the group which purchased IndyMac, a failed Calif., mortgage lender, from the gov., in 2009. OneWest, to CIT in 2015 for more than double the price the group acquired it for. His appointment is to be announce early Wed.
So now Trump is going to hire a man who worked for one of the biggest villains in the world. I thought he was suppose to drain the swamp, but the swamp is becoming quick-sand.
One of the better picks is Tom Price who already has a replacement for ObamaCare called “The Empowering Patients First Act.” Under this plan, individuals would receive refundable tax credits that they would use to purchase private insurance. Those between 18-35 would receive $1,200; 35-50-$2,100, over 50 — $3,ooo and those under 18 $900. Those receiving government benefits would not be eligible, but individuals could opt out of programs like Medicaid, TRICARE, and VA benefits to receive the tax credits instead. He would like Medicare to cease being an entitlement program.
A bad choice in my view is his Transportation Sec. Elaine Chao. Why, because she is Mitch McConnell’s wife, and I can’t help wondering what deal was made between McConnell and Trump to get his wife that position. Could it be something like, “Look you want Elaine to have the job? Well, all you have to do is make sure everything I want gets passed.”
Just my opinion.